The Market Access Lead for Kite Japan plays an important role supporting payer value, pricing and market access activities as we work to gain patient access for cell therapies in Japan. The position supports the execution of key projects for market access, including developing P&R materials and relevant data generation plan. Additional projects include payer insight generation activities like payer research and activities to inform Kite’s future pricing strategy. This role reports into the Market Access Lead for the International Region with a dotted line to the Executive Business Unit Director for Kite Japan. The role is based in Tokyo.
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. We are at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. Our individualized approach is what sets us apart. Unlike traditional pharmaceutical manufacturing, our therapies are not created on an assembly line. With CAR T-cell therapy, we are reengineering a patient’s own immune cells to fight cancer — one patient at a time. We also are entering a pivotal time in our history with multiple planned launches and evolving competitive dynamics on a global scale. That means a fast moving, constantly changing environment and innovative culture, where we make discoveries every day – discoveries that include our own capabilities and our individual potential.
● Collaborate with local Brand Teams, Marketing, Market Research, HEOR, Regulatory, Finance, Legal, Medical Affairs, Government Affairs and Public Affairs colleagues to deliver robust market access deliverables for Japan:
○ Project manage and oversee creation of P&R materials.
○ Research possible health policy changes in Japan, monitor updates of Japan NHI pricing rules for in-market and future products, and develop insights on how they affect Kite’s portfolio.
○ Interact with Global Market Access and HEOR teams to present the needs for the Japan payer in a timely manner and support their work deliverables.
○ Collaborate with partner vendors as well as with the asset leads and country colleagues to manage internal review and seek approval where necessary.
● Set milestones and ensure successful and timely delivery of key market access projects for cell therapy products, including:
○ Localization and submission of pricing/reimbursement dossier to Japan payer/HTA agency as required, according to launch readiness timelines.
○ Ensure price reporting/maintenance within country.
○ Payer insight generation activities like payer research.
○ Activities to inform Kite’s future pricing strategy.
● Partner with Global HEOR and local market colleagues (BU and Medical Affairs) to understand the key evidence generation needs for the Japan market
○ Ensure Health Economics modeling needs, real world/claims data collection, other data generation needs, publications, etc. are included in the Global/Japan evidence generation plan.
○ Create and monitor local market data including public competitor information (value proposition, HTA reviews), and assess the impact on Kite’s CAR-Ts.
○ Work with local team to develop robust internal pricing proposals / business cases and present them to the Regional Pricing Committee.
● Ensure that the local market access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies / guidelines and with corporate policies and procedures.
● Maintain a current understanding of local payer needs and monitor the future competitive / regulatory / pricing landscape in order to proactively adapt company strategy to emerging trends in the reimbursement and drug pricing landscape.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
● Thorough understanding of the policy and reimbursement environment and existing barriers to cell therapy adoption in Japan.
● Experience within a market access team and demonstrated ability to drive local execution of global strategy.
● Bachelor’s degree.
● Oncology therapeutic area knowledge and an ability to translate needs at the clinical level into commercial plans. Experience in cell therapy is a plus.
● Strong track record in successfully leading and delivering core market access deliverables (as described above) within the pharmaceutical industry.
● Excellent and demonstrable command of written and spoken English and proficiency at communicating verbally and in written form.
● Availability to travel up to 20% of the time.
● Degree in Pharmacy, Health Economics or Life Sciences
● MBA / PhD
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA.
This job is posted by Gilead.
This link brings you to the website of Gilead.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!