The Associate Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) JAPAN is responsible for the strategic development and execution of health economics and outcomes research strategies to support the launch and reimbursement of products across the Alexion’s portfolio and therapeutic disease areas in Japan. The position is part of the global HEOR team.
Through key leadership and partnership across cross-functional teams, the job holder embeds global HEOR strategy into broader disease area and clinical development strategies relevant for the Japanese market and its requirements. This collaboration builds strategies to demonstrate and differentiate the value proposition and corresponding scientific evidence of Alexion products for payers, patients, clinical institutions and other key influencers in Japan. The Associate Director, HEOR, Japan, partners with and provides thought leadership to Market Access, Governmental Affairs, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs and Commercial teams as well as regions and countries. This role reports directly to the Head of HEOR International & Japan. The Associate Director will work in close collaboration with the Global HEOR TA leads and the lead for GHEOR International and partner with Medical Affairs and Value Access and Policy teams to ensure compelling scientific evidence for value is generated and communicated to meet the needs for patient access in Japan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Utilizes in-depth knowledge of disease area and portfolio strategy in combination with health economics and outcomes research to develop, adapt and execute the Global HEOR strategy for Japan. Ensures Japanese payer and HTA relevant endpoints and evidence generation strategies are implemented throughout the product lifecycle. It is essential to build and establish working relationships with the Japanese government. This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Builds collaborative relationships with cross-functional leaders across Medical Affairs, Commercial, Governmental Affairs and Market Access organizations to maximize evidence generation efforts to optimize launch and sustained reimbursement throughout the product lifecycle
• Develops, drives, executes and disseminates innovative HEOR and RWE studies for Japan.
• Drives the cross functional HTA dossier development for new products and indications.
• Partners with the Therapeutic Area (TA) heads in the Japanese affiliate to provide HEOR input to TA business strategies and clinical development plans that will provide a competitive advantage to differentiated payer and HTA evidence.
• Continually monitors the global marketplace for market access issues, identifies access/demand hurdles and creates plans to demonstrate the value and differentiation of assets within the therapeutic area portfolio
Ensures Alexion maintains external credibility and relationships to validate research findings and communications. Accountable for the following:
• Cultivates and maintains relationships with key experts, influencers, and customer segments to foster and maintain Alexion’s credibility to support the value and reimbursement of Alexion products
• Delivers presentations on behalf of Alexion at various industry and scientific forums and/or contribute to publications
• Maintains the relationship with external Japanese HEOR agencies and monitors their performance to ensure that performance and deliverables meet business expectations
• Provides HEOR leadership and guidance for the Japanese affiliate making sure the affiliate has access to the most relevant, up to date and appropriate HEOR tools needed to gain, maintain and improve patient access for the therapeutic area responsibilities.
• PhD, MSc in health economics or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ prior experience in HEOR or Market Access in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry
• In depth understanding and experience of health economic modeling, preferably previous hands on experience.
• Expertise in real world data and evidence generation using primary and secondary data.
• Experience from working and negotiating with Japanese government.
• Thorough understanding of the field of Health Technology Assessment in Japan and some experience working at a global level and experience of successful negotiations through the HTA processes
• Knowledge of the drug development and commercialization process
• Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver results in a matrix environment, and solve complex issues that cross multiple stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a team player; excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent project leader who can effectively manage multiple competing priorities to completion
• Global mindset and ability to work with multicultural teams
• Flexibility and adaptability to internal and external change
• Fluent in Japanese spoken and written
• Understanding of the global international market access landscape
• Fluent in English spoken and written
• Experience and knowledge in rare disease conditions
• Expertise in development and analyzing of patient reported outcomes questionnaires
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via
Alexion’s internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier’s check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
This job is posted by Alexion.
This link brings you to the website of Alexion.