The person has to perform the following roles:
- Development of Market Access Strategy for focus products in line with the business objectives across therapy areas
- Key responsibility of this role will be to identify Health Economic Outcome Models within the MA initiatives, access the current access models and bring a new tone with cost-effective outcome models with new therapies emerging (Biologics) as well as indications (HF).
- With prior experience of assessing merit of publishing some of the data and outcome from MA initiatives will be critical for this role.
- Close connect with Medical & Government Affairs to develop and drive the MA Strategy with Health economic and patient outcome data.
- Drive implementation of Market Access strategy by designing, developing and implementing Market Access initiatives within the relevant Key accounts across Trade, State government and RACE.
- Support the conceptualization, creation, development dissemination of Local Payer Value Story and Value Proposition documents/ tools for focus products using Pharmaco-economic and HEO research.
- Participate in regular interactions with key stakeholders to keep abreast of the developments within the pharmaceutical and healthcare domain to drive engagement and identify potential opportunities for Market Access initiatives within key therapy areas.
- Interpersonal & leadership skills with an ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with the cross functional team within market and external partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to be persuasive and to articulate technical concepts in an easy to understand manner.
Support ‘Beyond the Pill’ initiatives- Patient Support Programs / Access solutions
- Sound understanding of healthcare landscape and stakeholders to identify opportunities for undertaking patient support programs/access initiatives in line with focus brand strategies
- Identify and define with the cross functional stakeholders local strategies to support access
- Define the process for implementation and the KPIs for success
- Identify the agencies for implementation and complete the arrangements for roll out
- Monitor implementation and take necessary corrective actions for smoothing the implementation
Embed market access agenda in the internal organization
- Conduct workshop and payer excellence training within the organization
- Champion the market access agenda and seek incorporation of the market access agenda in the brand planning and corporate strategy of the marketing company
Development of HEOR communications/ tools
- Works cross functionally with global and local medical and commercial functions to develop value propositions and messages tailored to multiple stakeholders including payers, clinicians, pharmacists and policy makers.
- Works cross functionally to identify and support RWE work in an effort to further local evidence generation from an HEOR perspective. Work towards translating it
- into poster/abstract, clinical publications across relevant local/global platforms
- Develops and deploys market access solutions and tools to field teams (including training) facilitating service provision and communicating value proposition to relevant stakeholders
Living the Core Values
Maintains strong compliance with all relevant internal policies, compliance and legal requirements
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Experience in Pharma co-economics / Market Access
• Self-motivated and drive is critical to the role
• Ability to consider long term as well as execute short term
• Demonstrated skill sets in project management
• Experience- 3 to 5 years of working in Pharma / Financial Services / Insurance Industry
• Fluency in English ( written & spoken)
• Excellent communicator and ability to work with science
• Mature and result oriented, along with good analytical skills
• Good persuasion skills
• MBA from a premier institute
• Experience of working with Government Institutions
Key personal capabilities and attitude
Key Functional Capabilities
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Good Planning and Organisational Skills
• Excellent Scientific knowledge
• Ability to develop Strategic Partnerships
Demonstrate AZ Values Consistently
• We follow the science
• We put patients first
• We play to win
• We do the right thing
• We are entrepreneurial
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
• Managing Director
• Strategy Team
• Medical / Diagnostics Team
• Government Affairs / Communication Team
• Above market Market Access Team
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Making the impossible a reality can mean taking a chance on an idea and investing in our exceptional capacity for innovation and discovery. We champion trying new things, and we nurture a test and learn culture that means we are always progressing close to our goals. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.