To plot out affiliate-wide policy and access strategies based on the macro-micro environment and company portfolio & priorities. With strong collaboration with stakeholders internally and externally, to lead the team to demonstrate the clinical and economic benefits of Roche products, to shape the environment so that payers recognize and appreciate the value of our medicine, which is aiming to ensure optimal patient access to our medicines timely in both private and reimbursement market segments.
To lead team to, on behalf of Roche, interact with government bureaus including planning, arrangement and execution related activities which helps to shape overall healthcare environment and company goals. He/She will be reviewing information on government policies that has the impact on overall healthcare ecosystem as well as overall operating environment, proposing and implementing strategic initiatives and action plans. Integration of all the necessary resources to shaping healthcare policy environment conducive to the business operation for Roche. This will be a role to set up short to long term environment for Roche Taiwan
The Head of Market Access, Government Affairs & Policy delivers value to Roche by:
Lead in the Roche Access and Policy Strategic Focus Area Identify opportunities for ecosystem shaping to foster patient access. Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to support access to Roche medicines. Achieve reimbursement for Roche innovations on timely basis. Ensuring alignment of macro- access and policy plans, product-level access plans, as well as pricing and reimbursement strategies, with the broader company strategy Create access solution for Roche products in NHI and private healthcare environment. Ensure personalized healthcare in the agenda of government’s position paper. Hold key positions in industry positions in order to shape policy discussion topics Look beyond healthcare related government bureaus and able to connect the dots and come out Roche strategy to tackle all opportunities for our products and services.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Install the values of Respect, Courage, Integrity, Passion and Trust into the culture of the Access & Policy team.
2. Guide and coach all the Access & Policy team members to develop disease- and customer-centric Access & Policy strategies.
3. Collaborate and co-create extensively with both internal (across Roche Taiwan and Roche International) and external stakeholders.
4. Develop productive, meaningful and appropriate relationships with Government (Ministry of Health and Welfare and etc.), non-governmental organizations to aid in strategic planning, investment, and ultimately improve treatment access and delivery at a national and state level.
5. Liaise with Access & Policy stakeholders within Global, Pharma International and APAC, and proactively work with affiliates on public policy and access projects to ensure shared learning and efficient replication of relevant initiatives.
6. Lead the early strategic analysis of local business potential for pipeline/compounds expected to enter the portfolio.
7. Coach team members to develop innovative long term strategies to increase access in benefit of patient
8. Build cooperative and collaborative team spirit to align well with company’s culture and new way of working.
9. Develop employees and particularly direct reports and high-potential through regular feed-back, by involving them in challenging projects and through adequate exposure to new experiences
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- At least 8 years working experience in pharmaceutical industry and 5 years in access and policy related function
- 5+ years of experience in people management is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the roles of leaders in an agile organization, characterized as Visionary, Architect, Coach, Catalyst.
- Excellent knowledge of the Healthcare and Pricing environment, product development, regulatory process, health economics, pricing strategy, biometrics, biostatistics and clinical research. Very good understanding of business issues.
- Proven good relations with payer and ability to establish strong influential relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies and resource plans.
- Strong ability to work independently in a cross-functional in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with third party stakeholders and external customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills, fluent in both written and verbal
- Strong ability to change and possess excellent project management and problem solving skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Very strong influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Can work independently
- Written and oral communication skills for informing, influencing and persuading people
- Long term strategic planning
- Understand market trends
- Customer focus with innovation
- Alignment of company priorities
- Negotiation Skills
- Relationship Management
- Business Acumen
- Scientific Knowledge
Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Taiwan, Taipei City, Taipei
- Function Access
- Subfunction General Access
- Schedule Full time
- Job level Manager with direct reports
- Job type Regular
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2020/06/05
- Job-ID 202006-115050
This job is posted by Roche.
This link brings you to the website of Roche.